08 April 2006

red formica tables

I recently got the news that I would be starting a residency at The Museum of Domestic Architecture & Design, MoDA. I am working with artists, Barbara Dean and Hilary Kneale. It been a lot of leg work to get this far, but well worth it. The residency will give me time to make work in a new and different setting both with Hilary and Barbara and independantly. I have been making my work in external sites for quite a while, and now the good weather is coming I am wondering how I will respond to the experience of being inside an institutional setting, will be interesting, mmmm! When I am in the museum archive, time seems to take on a different meaning, memories are triggered from the magazines and books which mingle with pictures in my head about red formica table tops and pebble dash semi-detached houses.

No comments: