19 April 2006

no place like home!



Because I have an address
Because I have a front door
Because I have keys
Because I have a shower
Because I have a kitchen
Because I have a bedroom
Because my clothes hang in the wardrobe
Because I have a 30ft garden
Because I close the door behind you
Because I have a wine rack
Because there is a bed in my bedroom
Because I can invite you when I like
Because you might hack into my computer
Because I decide not to answer
Because I need to decorate
Because I don’t know the voice on the answerphone
Because I pay council tax
Because I don't know who is knocking
Because I wonder if I might have been robbed
Because I need life insurance
Because I insure my contents
Because my computer might get a virus
Because I don’t know my neighbour
Because the children next door make a noise
Because you stopped me on the stairs
Because you didn’t speak to me
Because there is no place like home!

No comments: